Monday, September 3, 2012

August 26 to September 1

August 26, 2012
Went to 10:30 Mass. Still hot. Afterwards we went for breakfast at Burger Hut and shared a table with Ron & Italia. It was nice to catch up on our busy lives.  On the way home we visited Harry and Carole and had a glass of wine.

August 27, 2012
Still hot. no grass. The yard looks like a desert. The poor plants are dying even the trees are starting to shrivel up! There has been a water ban for over a month now. We went to Tom & Joyce's in the evening to celebrate Laurie's birthday. They leave for their holiday in Italy on Friday.

August 28, 2012
Work as usual. Burger Hut closed as it is the anniversary of Roxanne's death. Went to Cobourg for the last band Concert and said a few sad farewells till next time. Going to miss not going to Plattsburg.

August 29, 2012
Work today and Fr. left for his holidays. Came home with a bad headache.

August 30, 2012
Packed up and left for Ottawa after lunch at BH. Stopped in Perth for a DQ. Took Meghan and TJ for "noodles" at our favourite Vietnamese Restaurant. Packed up all the left over crosstich stuff and boxes. Meghan and I did some jewellery.

August 31, 2012
Meghan and I went to a new Bead store called M.D.G. Beads Inc. 6035 Prince of Wales Dr. North Gower. She had very good prices. Then we went to McBead for more goodies. Meghan had a sore throat so we left just before lunch. Tried to go to Ikea but traffic was crazy so we headed towards Westport. Stopped for a lovely lunch in Richmond and stopped at a few Garage Sales got a blue shelving unit. Ended up in Perth and booked into the Motel. Went to Giant Tiger and walked around downtown. John walked across the street from the Motel and got us Big Mac's for supper. Watched the opening Ceremonies of the Paralimpic games.

September 1, 2012
Checked out and went across to MacDonald's for breakfast. Stopped at more Garage Sales and I got a beautiful wash basin and jug set made in Dresden England. Blue and white of course! Got to Westport and did the rounds. Got some books at the Library. Not many bargains to be had. After lunch we headed for home. Arrived around 4 and unpacked and went to Mass at 5.


heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

our grass is dead too.Although with yesterday's rain, the gardens are looking a little more alive. Thanks for visiting my little blog project.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thank you sooo much for stopping by and throwing your name in the hat for the candle drawing...Good luck!!!