Wednesday, May 9, 2012

April 29 - May 5


Sunday
April 29, 2012
Another cool sunny day. All the laundry is caught up and clothes put away. Went for brunch at the Burger Hut. John working hard at Income Tax One more day to go. Roast beef with spaghetti for supper and a glass of wine.

Monday
April 30, 2012
Spent most of the day sorting and putting my jewellery into bags and containers so I don't spend hours trying to find the matching earrings! Now everything is in its special colour drawer paired up with matching earrings. Cool dull drizzly day so no laundry done. Changed the table tray and had bacon for supper.

Tuesday
May 1, 2012
A new month and a bit warmer. Wore a skirt to work. Went to Burger Hut for coffee after. Sorted through a lot of cross stitch stuff to get ready to take it to Meghan. Some mice damage :( Stir fry for supper.

Wednesday
May 2, 2012
A bit warmer, John did 2 loads of wash as they call for rain tonight and for the next 2 days. I took it off the line when I got home from work. Had Chinese for supper and sorted more cross stitch stuff.

Thursday
May 3, 2012
Very warm today high in the 20's! dull and rainy but managed to get one load dried outside. Birds, chickadees I think, are enjoying the mix I made with the boys when they were here. I will try and get photos. I re-organized my decorating stash under the stairs today and sorted and boxed the last of the supplies to take to Ottawa. Most is in the van. I am also packed for the weekend. John is at a Surprise Lion's Night and I will sort out my candles while watching TV. Had leftover Chinese for supper.

Friday
May 4, 2012
A busy day at work and then Fr. joined us for lunch. After a few last minute checks we finally left on our weekend trip. First stop Sally Ann in Campbellford. I found some blue onion plates and candle holders and a lovely glass footed bowl. We found a garage sale but nothing grabbed us but we met Barb W there. On to a rummage sale where I got some dominos, a small tin and a blouse. Another flea market in Stirling where we got a cork board and small shelf and a small Maple Leafs case for John W. At the next garage sale I got a large glass jar. Then on to Kingston where we stayed at the Marriott Hotel at Kings Crossing Plaza. There were a lot of young boys 8-10 there for a hockey tournament and the pool was a zoo. We had supper at Swiss Chalet and I bought a black and white skirt at the discount store.

Saturday
May 5, 2012
I got up early and went to the pool where there was only one young girl in the pool and the rest of her family in the hot tub. I let DH sleep and paddled around for nearly an hour. We packed up and had breakfast at McDonalds. We then went to Westport. John got a new hat and I bought a stone ring made of Dalmatian stone. We had a late lunch (delicious bacon potato soup) and after a stop in LG in Smiths Falls we made it to Russell. A quick ice cream cone and then we went to Mass. After Church we went to Sharon & John's for supper and the night.

No comments: